Navigating through the loss of a loved one can be overwhelming. Many people don’t know what happens when their loved one passes and have several questions…
Who do we call? Where does our loved one go? Who handles the death certiﬁcate?How long does it take?
How does this work? What’s the process?
You deserve peace of mind with easy to understand options.
- Henrietta 585-359-2300
- Greece 585-222-2300
- Your Loved One is Brought Into Our Care
- Secure Care Center
- Complete Paperwork
- Schedule Services
- Notify Social Security & Veterans Administration
- File Death Certiﬁcate
- Assist with Obituary
- Return Urn to Family
- Schedule Interment
Rochester Cremation has adopted our area’s exclusive “Worry-Free” Cremation Process to ensure the highest level of respect and care for your loved one. This ten-step process has been created to maximize our level of service to you and to give you a simple understanding of the cremation process.
Steps Prior to Cremation:
- Our “personal identification band” is placed on your loved one at the time they are transferred to our secure care facility. This band will stay with them throughout the process and will ultimately be cremated with them.
- Your loved one is logged into our facility logbook with date and time of arrival and funeral directors name. Any personal items are recorded as well.
- After final arrangements have been made, your loved one will be placed into their cremation container in our secure care facility. At this time, the container will be clearly marked and labeled for identification.
- If you wish, before cremation, you may see your loved one, hold their hand, and say goodbye.* Your loved one will be bathed and dressed in clothes provided by the family or a gown we can provide.
- One of our managers reviews all paperwork and permits to insure authorizations and permits have been received.
- Your loved one is transferred to the crematory by a licensed funeral director while under our professional care.
At the Crematory:
- Upon arrival at the crematory, a licensed funeral director and a representative of the crematory will review all authorizations and permits. Your loved one is logged into the crematory facility, where we will receive a cremation case receipt, to be kept on file at Rochester Cremation.
- At this point, your loved one will be assigned a unique identification number, which is stamped into a steel identification tag. This is used to track every phase of the cremation and will accompany your loved one throughout the process.
Steps after Cremation:
- After the cremation is complete, your loved one’s cremains will be returned to Rochester Cremation in a temporary urn, along with the steel identification tag and cremation certificate. Once all information has been verified, your loved one’s cremains will be placed into their permanent urn or keepsake.
- Our staff will notify you to schedule a time for receipt of the cremains, whether it be picking them up at one of our offices, delivery to your home, mailing, or scheduling interment.
*Additional charges will apply.